From aerobic exercises to strength training and Pilates to yoga, this Burst-Resistant Exercise Ball from Natural Fitness can be used to promote core strength for all ages and ability levels. As an added benefit, this ball is composed of non-toxic vinyl. As a part of their commitment to provide health-conscious fitness products, Natural Fitness has developed a non-toxic, phthalate free plasticizer for their PVC-based products. This new plasticizer is safer for the user and better for the environment. This 65-centimeter ball is recommended for people 5'8" to 6'1" and includes a workout DVD with fitness expert Andrea Metcalf, to guide you through both beginner and advanced workouts.
About the Zero Impact Program
One of Natural Fitness's founding principles is to tread lightly on the earth. They aim to offset the environmental impact that results from the manufacturing and distribution of their products. To achieve this, the company created their Zero Impact Program (ZIP). While Natural Fitness is always looking for new and creative ways to offset their eco-footprint, here’s is what the company is currently doing:
- Plant-A-Tree Initiative: For every product sold, Natural Fitness will fund the planting of a tree, which can remove up to 2,000 pounds of pollution from the atmosphere. Through various partner organizations, the company hopes to improve the lives of people around the world by implementing sustainable land-use programs utilizing the trees provided. Locations for planting trees vary; but past projects have been conducted throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Each location and project is researched and developed to implement the most effective plan possible; one that is best for the people and eco-system involved.
- Offsetting the eco-footprint of their employees and offices.
- Offering the most products available.
- Use a "green" web host company that utilizes solar panels to power its data center and office.
- Partnering with like-minded companies to raise public awareness about the environmental problems created through use of fossil fuels and other non-sustainable practices.
- Using recycled content paper in business cards, letterhead, envelopes, labels, checks, and printer/copier paper. All of the product packaging and inserts that Natural Fitness uses are made with recycled paper.
- Using recycled packaging materials and boxes in the company's warehouse. They also pack with old newspapers and other recyclable paper products.
- Helped create the Chicago Biodiesel Co-op, which educated, promotes, and produces locally-derived biofuels.
- Greening the company's comprehensive recycling program and using natural light when possible.
- Spearheaded an ambitious recycling program for the 500,000 square foot office building Natural Fitness occupies, along with 60 companies.