• Vegetable Glycerin, 8.0 oz.

    Frontier / Simply Organic / Aura Cacia

  • $15.24

  • Description

    Frontier Natural Products - Vegetable Glycerin - 8 oz. (237 g) Frontier Natural Products Vegetable Glycerin contains premium quality vegetable glycerin that is freshness dated. To ensure fresh flavor that's always pure and natural, Frontier's spices are quality tested and freshness dated. Frontier's all-natural vegetable glycerin is derived from palm kernel oil. Their vegetable glycerin is 100% derived from palm kernel oil. They source product that is manufactured both domestically and overseas with all product manufactured overseas being screened for diethylene glycol contamination before being passed by the Quality Assurance team. Vegetable glycerin is also known as vegetable glycerol. It is a carbohydrate that is usually derived from plant oils. It is used as a sweetener and as an ingredient in a number of cosmetic products. Vegetable glycerin is also used in place of alcohol to extract botanicals. Glycerin is an organic compound composed of three carbon atoms, hydrogen atoms, and three OH groups. These OH groups form hydrogen bonds with water, slowing down its movement and giving liquid glycerin the property of a syrup. It is also resistant to freezing, a property used in storing sensitive liquids, such as enzymes, in laboratory freezers. Food-grade vegetable glycerin is 99.7% pure, with the remaining 0.3% being water. It has a sweet taste, but is metabolized differently than sugar and does not raise blood sugar levels. Glycerin is used in foods marketed as being low in carbohydrates to keep them sweet and moist. It also does not contribute to bacterial tooth decay. Vegetable glycerin is also used as a substitute for alcohol, in making botanical extracts. The advantage of this is that people who do not want to be exposed to alcohol can still have access to the botanical products. The disadvantage is that the resulting products have a much shorter shelf life.

Share this product