Protect your garden, plants or sandbox without chemicals or fences. When cats come within range, the CatStop automatic outdoor cat deterrent emits a sudden burst of ultrasonic sound (at a frequency most humans can't hear)--the sound startles cats, and teaches them to stay away. Installation is easy--just place the CatStop in the garden or outdoor area that you want to protect, and it's ready to go.
Click here for a larger image.
The CatStop automatic outdoor cat deterrent is constructed of durable, weather-resistant materials, and has been designed to provide many years of reliable service.
How It Works
The CatStop is easy to use. Simply install a 9-volt battery and then place the unit in your garden, with an unobstructed view of the area you want to protect. There are no controls or adjustments. The built-in motion sensor detects any cats entering the area and emits a piercing, high-decibel alarm that startles the cat and frightens it away. Since the sound is ultrasonic, you and your neighbors cannot hear it.
The CatStop is an effective cat deterrent for several reasons:
- A powerful burst of ultrasonic sound startles the cat.
- The cat equates the location with the unpleasant occurrence.
- The cat avoids the location in the future.
- Ulike pest deterrents that operate continuously, the CatStop unit waits for the animal to come into its range before activating, making the function unpredictable for the cat, and therefore more effective.
- Infrared sensing angle: 80 degrees.
- Detection range: up to 20 feet (6 meters).
- Battery life: In low traffic areas 3-4 months. In high traffic areas, CatStop adapter is recommended.
- Sensor warm-up time: 60 seconds.
- Power supply: 9-volt alkaline battery or 9-Volt AC adapter (available for purchase separately).
- Red LED: indicates when the unit is activated.
- Unit on time when activated: three seconds.
- Output frequency: sweeping from 21-25 KHZ.
- Water resistant
- Includes two stakes for versatile mounting (ground level, approximately 4" above ground and 10 inches above ground).