CHINESE HERBAL PATENT MEDICINES is the long-awaited revision of Jake Fratkin's Chinese Herbal Patent Formulas (1987). It offers a complete listing of 1280 herbal products from mainland China that are available in North America.
This CLINICAL DESK REFERENCE is a complete guide, providing a practical resource for acupuncturists, herbalists, naturopaths, as well as western doctors and veterinarians practicing natural medicine.
• A complete listing of 1280 products with 850 formula descriptions.
• Each product contains energetic applications, symptoms, clinical comments, cautions, and ingredient percentages.
• Includes over 550 GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) level products: Plum Flower, Herbal Times, Minshan, Bio Essence and Tanglong.
• 80 pages of color photos with Chinese characters for identification of 1150 products.
• A complete listing of California Food and Drug Branch toxicology reports on heavy metals, added pharmaceuticals, and pesticides, as well as a listing of endangered wildlife.
• Eighteen indexes, including herbal and medical glossaries in Chinese, herbal cross reference of 675 herbs, and source medical classics of the formulas.